Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2014

REVIEW - Sally Hansen Miracle Gel - 270 Street Flair

I cannot even describe my excitement when I saw this product on the shelf at Priceline - I definitely wasn't expecting it, and I had to have it! I threw caution to the wind and bought it.

I am, of course, talking about the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel line - I've been teased by photos of these polishes all over beauty blogs! I stumbled across these in Priceline on a random shelf, away from the rest of the range. Did I mention that Priceline had 50% off all Sally Hansen products? (You would think I'm some sort of Priceline ambassador - I'm not, I just have an addiction!).

It took me far too long to choose a shade, but I ended up purchasing 270 Street Flair - a gorgeous dusty lilac shade, which was in a promotional pack with 100 Top Coat. I don't have a colour quite like it in my collection, so I thought it would be a good choice. 

I love the colour, and application is an absolute dream; it is easier to apply than any other polish I've tried (and I've tried a few!). It goes on so smoothly you would swear you had just had a professional manicure.

I followed the application advice given on beautygeek (click here to read the review); I'm paraphrasing, but the advice was not to apply the polish in direct sunlight, and to stick your fingers in direct sunlight for 5 minutes after the two colour coats and one top coat have been applied.

The opacity is wonderful - it was completely opaque with one coat, but I decided to follow the box's recommendation and apply two. It dried a lot more quickly than I expected! I am always extra cautious with applying the second coat, so as not to destroy the first. 

The Top Coat is wonderful; ample shine, and it feels nice on the nails. Am I the only one who constantly touches their nails when are particularly smooth and shiny?

I think the real test is going to be longevity of this polish - I think the 14 day claim is probably unattainable but a girl can dream, right? 

Disclaimer: these swatch photos were taken on DAY 4, and it still looks amazing! You can see a bit of tip wear on my pointer, but that's literally it! I'm in no way gentle on my hands when I'm wearing polish, and this is holding up very well so far.

This polish doesn't need to be filed off, simply use your regular nail polish remover, and it should come right off.

Apparently, this pack retails for $19.95 AUD, so I managed to snap it up to $10 - I'm very interested to see what the singular shades will cost in Australia.

UPDATE (5th August 2014):
I saw singular shades at Priceline today! I asked one of the employees, and she informed me that the single shades retail for $16.95 AUD. You didn't hear it from me, but she also told me that they may be involved in a sale in the next catalogue (beginning 12th August 2014). 

On the 14 days of wear claim - I'm not sure that anyone is going to get that sort of wear out of this polish! I believe mine lasted about 6 days with minor tip wear before one nail started to peel off on the side. Being slightly obsessive compulsive, once one starts to go, they are all dead to me, and have to come off immediately. Overall, I still love the colour and would buy more shades (probably not at $16, but on sale). This could just be my experience with the product, but if you're looking for ultra-longwear nail colour, I don't think this one is for you!
Photo sourced from imageautygeek.com
For swatches of all of the colours, visit beautygeeks.
 
Have you spotted the Miracle Gel line anywhere? Which shade are loving? Not going to lie, I've been eying up Game of Chromes... If you have any questions about the polish, feel free to ask in the comments below!

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-53565911-1