Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2013

REVIEW - Essence Studio Nails XXL Nail Thickener


Essence XXL 3
I have a confession to make - I’ve never taken good care of my nails. Sure, I’ve been using nail polish for years, but only recently have I started using a base coat, nail oil, et cetera. The decision to start using nail care was quite an easy one to make. Halfway through this year, two nails on my right hand started to split and chip quite badly – it didn’t matter what I did, nothing seemed to help! In a moment of desperation, I splurged $15 AUD on a nail treatment to attempt to repair my damaged nails. Of course, I was hugely disappointed when it didn’t work.

I started looking around for cheaper alternatives, since the more expensive polish hadn’t worked for me. I searched the whole of Priceline for products that weren’t ludicrously expensive. Right at the back of the store, I found a little stand, full of cosmetics. I hadn’t noticed it before, but the prices were amazing by Australian standards; this brand, of course, is Essence.

I looked through their range of products, and settled on Essence’s Studio Nails XXL Nail Thickener. The back of the bottle says: “...this innovative nail polish instantly thickens & strengthens thin & brittle nails – resistant against chipping & cracking. For longer growing nails. Fast-drying.”


Essence claims that it is: “...a gel finish without visiting a nail salon – the XXL thickener makes it possible. the fast-drying base coat hardens your nails with its special acrylic formula. The results: instantly and visibly stronger nails with a great finish. It also optimizes the durability and shine of colour nail polish.”

Priceline had a 40% off cosmetics sale at the time, so while the RRP of Essence’s Studio Nails XXL Nail Thickener is $2.95, I only paid $1.77. For under $2, I figured there was no point not to try it!


It is a milky formula that applies easily to the nail - when first applied, it can appear a little bit streaky, but that soon evens out. It leaves your nails feeling strengthened, and doubles well as a base coat. It also claims to be fast-drying, which I can wholeheartedly agree is true – for me, it only takes a few minutes to be touch-dry.

I have to say, I am hugely impressed by this product – after seeing no difference in my nails for months on end, my nails are finally starting to grow out! I use this as a base coat whenever I paint my nails, and I will continue to do so into the foreseeable future.

I think this is just the beginning of my love affair with Essence cosmetics! Have you tried any Essence products? Let me know by leaving a comment below.

Visit their website at http://www.essence.eu/au/home/

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-53565911-1