Pages

Sunday 6 July 2014

Gadget Update - Raspberry Pi

This is just a quick update on my latest gadget. I recently celebrated a birthday, and one of my wonderful friends surprised me with a Raspberry Pi! I've never been particularly good at coding, so I thought that this would be a good motivator to learn. I have learned some Python in the past, so hopefully it shouldn't take me too long to get back into the swing of things.
The size of the Raspberry Pi
For those of you who don't know what this is, a Raspberry Pi is basically a "low cost, credit-card sized computer... [which is] capable of doing everything you’d expect a desktop computer to do, from browsing the internet and playing high-definition video, to making spreadsheets, word-processing, and playing games"(raspberrypi.org)

I turned it on today, and used it plugged into the TV. To do this, I needed a micro USB cable (you can use a micro USB phone charger), a HDMI cable, a keyboard and mouse, and of course a screen to plug this all into (in my case, the TV).


Anyway, that's all for today. Apologies for the gratuitous photos - I went a little bit photo mad today. I'm excited to get into some projects, and I'll keep you updated on any progress!

 Talk soon! B x

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-53565911-1