Pages

Saturday 26 April 2014

REVIEW - Essence Metal Glam Gold Topper - 01 Steel-ing the Scene

On a whim, I walked into Priceline - my first mistake. I can't seem to go in there without being tempted to buy something. Usually, I can talk myself out of buying anything but this time, I clearly couldn't!

So here we go - Essence's 'Metal Glam' Trend Edition Gold Topper in 01 - Steeling the Scene. Here is what Essence has to say about it:
"as good as gold and totally hip! the top coat is enriched with golden flakes to complement your glamorous nail design! the particularly high concentration of flakes ensures an ultimate wow-effect."
I applied the topper over Revlon Top Speed in 570 -Vintage - a gorgeous deep rasbperry red shade. Originally, I was going to swatch it over black polish, but I thought I'd go for something a bit different. As it turns out, I love it! I will definitely try the black in the future - leave a comment below if you'd like to see the swatches.
The polishes I used for this manicure:
Revlon Multicare Base + Top Coat (965), Revlon Top Speed in Vintage (570), Barry M Basecoat, Topcoat & Nail Hardener All In One (NP54 - Clear), Essence Metal Glam Gold Topper in (01 - Steel-ing the Scene)
I actually applied this topper onto my two hands on two different days. Unfortunately, I may have been a bit distracted, and forgot to do the other hand - I did in fact go to work with mismatching nails. Yep, that's how I roll! I did notice that the nails with the topper applied actually had far less wear than the nails without, so definitely a bonus.

I may have gone slightly flake-crazy, but I love the look of it!

When I first applied this I found that some of the flakes stuck up a little bit, and I was worried that they would catch and peel off - I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't. This wouldn't be a huge issue anyway, just apply some topcoat and you'll be good to go!

I noticed that it seemed to drag my nail polish (which was already dry to the touch) around my nails. Whether this is the fault of the polish or the topper, I'm not sure - if I do figure it out, I'll let you know. One thing I love is that there are a lot of flakes, meaning you don't have to go fishing around to get some on the brush. You may need to dab it onto some areas of the nail to get the coverage you want, but it generally applies very well.


I have now been wearing this particular manicure for around 3 days, and I'm only seeing minimal tip wear, so I'm very happy! For $3.50AUD, this is a fun way to create a new look without breaking the bank.

Which Essence products have you tried recently? Let me know in the comments below x

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-53565911-1